Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Love That Clay!!!



I may need to go to or start an Addicted to Air-dry Clay group. LOL  


Hi, my name is Jennybee and I’m addicted to air-dry clay. I just can’t stop using this stuff and fear I may need a forklift to move one of my projects I am working on before it ends! You can see all the bumps and lumps on the unpainted version but ohh I do love the painted version. This is actually 2-ish (yes I am making words up) layers of clay. The first layer I thought was a little flat so I added more here and there and with my clay tools (fingers, end of paint brush, knife or whatever else I had on the craft table) till I got a more stone effect. Then the painting by adding it in layers of various colors. Also before I forget if you do go out and find this clay make sure you get the white and not the Terra Cotta (unless you really really want that version) the packaging is exactly the same except in the top right corner of the package it will say white or terra cotta. Its not the same in any way shape or form. For me when I tried to roll it out it was very soft and almost thinner and stuck to my roller than the white version. Also it dries much lighter to a almost pink color if you will. I still gave it a shot and used it but ended up covering it with another layer of the white. Yes I did say I may need a forklift in the end...LOL  


I also got the Creatin Contest kit from miniatures.com It just seems like a fun challenge and not to big... besides I have the entire year to get it built and decorated so that's doable right?!? 

 








Now let me think of my mini list to complete this year...maybe!
  • Creatin Contest 
  • Christmas Project
Hmm I think this will be a very busy year.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh the addiction, that new paper clay smell and the ideas! You have created some amazing looking stonework there madam!

Maybe some type of clay fingers anonymous or like..just admiting you have a problem..thats a start ;P

12Create said...

I really love that stone effect with the different colours. I think this addiction is a good one to have.

Illyria Miniatures said...

Wow, the stones turned out great! I love the colours.... they look very magical :) can't wait to see more progress!